Wednesday 21 May 2008

Welcome!

Hi and welcome! Before diving right in, I'd like to post a little introductionary post about this weblog and its author (me!).

I'm a thirtysomething IT professional, living in Belgium, whose main hobby is computer games. Which means I spend a significant amount of time in front of the computer screen. I guess that can't be good for my eyes, but I hear they're making good progress on creating prosthetic ones, so hopefully they'll be all set by the time I need them.

Anyway, the main subject of this blog will be the games I am currently playing and will be playing in the future. At the moment this is mostly massive multiplayer online roleplaying games (MMORPGs), and more specifically World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online. I have also pre-ordered Age of Conan, although I'm not in the early access for the game. Hopefully the box will be in the mail soon, in time for the weekend launch over here in Europe *crosses fingers*.

Unsurprisingly, WoW was also the inspiration for the name of the blog, as my main character in that game is actually an undead warlock, who uses the spell Life Tap to get back mana at the expensive of his own life to keep on casting spells. I found it quite fitting, since games and especially MMORPGs have an addictive side to them and tend to tap the life from the person playing.

Well, I hope anyone reading this blog will enjoy it and don't hesitate to submit a comment if you want to.

No comments: