Monday 14 July 2008

Illidan down! Now what?

Last Tuesday my guild finally managed to bring down the last boss in Black Temple: Illidan Stormrage, the Betrayer. We since killed him once more, on Thursday, and the fight felt really repeatable as well so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fluke. With one more raid evening left this reset, on Tuesday, I guess it's time for us to start the last raid instance in the game, Sunwell Plateau. Though I have to admit, I'm not excited as I was when we first started Mount Hyjal and Black Temple.

Probably this is because I've always considered Illidan to be the last boss of The Burning Crusade expansion. He was the guy that was featured on the intro movie, he was the main baddy all through the content while leveling up. I guess for me the expansion pretty much ended, at least in my mind, with Illidan. I think Blizzard pretty much added Sunwell as extra content because development of Wrath of the Lich King was taking longer than expected. A little something extra to keep the subscribers happy, if you will. It does feel somewhat detached from the main storyline of The Burning Crusade, in my opinion.

No comments: