Tuesday 29 July 2008

WotLK Beta - The barber shop

Last night, Blizzard patched the Wrath of the Lich King beta servers with a new version of the build. Among the changes are the fact that you can now learn your mounts and social pets as spells, so they don't take anymore bagspace. Another eye-catching feature that was added, was the barber shop.

I gave it a brief try, and apparently it's only possible to pick a different hair style, hair colour and facial feature. What's more, it looks like the styles etc. you can choose from, are the same old ones who have been in the game since release.

That's a bit underwhelming to be honest. Hopefully they'll add more and new styles before release, because if it stays like this, a lot of people will be disappointed.



Edit: Apparently they are going to introduce more styles later on, but they aren't finished yet. I'm looking forward to seeing those!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, i'm writing the first comment. Nice blog khai, but can you change the background color? Black maybe.

The barber shop isn't something I really want to see in wotlk, I'm more excited about the new combat system on flying mounts.

Yours,
Super Mario.

Kirana said...

And I bet that the Trading Card Game will offer a wide range of special features - I would be very surprised if there isn't a Mohawk hairstyle card in the first WotLK expansion pack. ;)

Khai said...

@Super Mario:
Thanks for your comments. I like to stick to black on white, since it makes it easier to read.

I'll certainly check out the mounted combat as soon as I get the chance.

@Kirana:
Wow, I hadn't even thought of that. I think it's actually a great idea, and if they don't add any cards like that, you should definitely pitch the idea to them.

I'd definitely want a mohawk on my Tauren warrior.